Traveling is difficult enough, however having your data compromised can make it worse.
Our tips to avoid having your data compromised while traveling:
- Use VPN software on any wireless device when you are connecting to an unknown WIFI
- Connecting to an unsecured WIFI is never a good idea, however you need to be safe when connecting to a secured one as well (See step 1).
- Make sure you phone/tablet/laptop will not auto join unsecured networks.
- Turn on multi-factor authentication for your social media and email accounts.
- Avoid posting vacation pictures or advertising that you are on vacation on social media sites until after you have returned.
- Keep your devices updated prior to traveling, also backup prior to traveling as well.
- Turn off your bluetooth when not using it.
- Make sure you have antivirus software installed and it's up to date (Yes even if it's an Apple product).